April 7, 2022
This course includes:
Badge on Completion
Certificate of completion
Discovering development management is a free course that sets out to build up the basic capacities for managing the multiple challenges of development – any development.
It rests on the assumption that management is a political and ethical process, a matter of the use of power to bring about desired goals in contexts characterised by conflicts of interests, values and agendas. It is of relevance to managers in every sector, nationally and internationally.
Course learning outcomes
After studying this course, you should be able to:
- Write a working definition of development management
- Apply the complexity, emergence, difference (CoDE) framework to selected cases of development management
- Develop some initial judgements of ‘good’ development management.
- Introduction 00:10:00
- Learning outcomes 00:05:00
- Starting your exploration 00:10:00
- Opening up development management 00:10:00
- A conceptual framework 00:15:00
- Expect the unexpected 00:10:00
- Promoting the values of development at all levels 00:10:00
- Conclusion 00:10:00
About the instructor
Open University UK