April 8, 2022
This course includes:
Badge on Completion
Certificate of completion
Childhood is a time of rapid growth and development, and studying these changes is endlessly stimulating.
IntroductionIn this course, Introduction to child psychology, you will be introduced to the discipline of child psychology and some of the key questions that guide the understanding of childhood. These questions include 'What influences children's development?' and 'How do psychologists study the physical and cognitive changes that occur during childhood?' As you work through this material, you will also gain a deeper understanding of how psychologists work with young children across a range of applied settings through activities and audio-visual materials.
Course learning outcomesAfter studying this course, you should be able to:
- Understand the discipline of child psychology as an area of study
- Understand how theories try to explain children’s development
- Discuss important questions that are central to child psychology
- Understand how child psychologists work in different applied settings.
- What is child psychology? 01:00:00
- Using theories to understand development 01:00:00
- Development is primarily internal: Piaget 01:00:00
- Development is determined by environmental factors: Vygotsky 01:00:00
- Asking questions about children’s development 01:00:00
- How does socio-cultural context influence development? 00:55:00
- How do children shape their own development? 01:00:00
- Conclusion 00:10:00
About the instructor
We are an educational and skills marketplace to accommodate the needs of skills enhancement and free equal education across the globe to the millions. We are bringing courses and trainings every single day for our users. We welcome everyone woth all ages, all background to learn. There is so much available to learn and deliver to the people.