April 19, 2022
This course includes:
Badge on Completion
Certificate of completion
This course, Additive manufacturing, introduces you to its key concepts.
It covers the fundamentals of the additive manufacturing (AM) process, the steps involved in creating a model and building an artefact, the materials and techniques used, as well as the design implications and the factors which affect the functionality of the finished parts.
Course learning outcomes
After studying this course, you should be able to:
- Describe additive manufacturing and explain its advantages and disadvantages
- Explain the processes used in additive manufacturing for a range of materials and applications
- Understand the role of additive manufacturing in the design process and the implications for design
- Describe the effects of surface finish and microstructural properties on behaviour for components produced using additive manufacturing
- Display an awareness of residual stresses that may occur during additive manufacturing and their effects.
- Introduction 00:10:00
- Learning outcomes 00:10:00
- Additive manufacturing: an overview 00:10:00
- History 00:10:00
- Why is this course not called 3D printing? 00:15:00
- Fundamentals of the process 00:05:00
- Why additive manufacturing? 00:10:00
- Application of additive manufacturing 00:10:00
- Creating a model and building an artefact 00:10:00
- Computer-aided design model 00:10:00
- Model produced by laser scanning 00:05:00
- Model produced by computer-aided design 00:20:00
- Machine positioning and control 00:10:00
- Build 00:15:00
- Final components 00:10:00
- Design implications 00:10:00
- Custom parts 00:10:00
About the instructor
We are an educational and skills marketplace to accommodate the needs of skills enhancement and free equal education across the globe to the millions. We are bringing courses and trainings every single day for our users. We welcome everyone woth all ages, all background to learn. There is so much available to learn and deliver to the people.