German regions and landscapes, local traditions, and the notion of Heimat are at the center of this course, Advanced German: Regional landscapes.
You will describe images, make notes from a variety of sources, and write a short piece about the three-nations region around Lake Constance.
Course learning outcomesAfter studying this course, you should be able to:
- Speak or write about certain landscapes, regions and political structures in Germany, Austria, and Switzerland
- Speak or write about views and definitions on the theme of Heimat
- Summarise information in your own words in the form of notes and short texts
- Analyze various texts in terms of their argument structure and rhetorical methods
- Make use of various online dictionaries
About the instructor