This course introduces the various aspects of present and future Air Traffic Control systems.
Among the topics in the present system that we will discuss are the systems-analysis approach to problems of capacity and safety, surveillance, including the National Airspace System and Automated Terminal Radar Systems, navigation subsystem technology, aircraft guidance and control, communications, collision avoidance systems and sequencing and spacing in terminal areas. The class will then talk about future directions and development and have a critical discussion of past proposals and of probable future problem areas.
- Introductory Slides Unlimited
- Communication, Navigation, and Surveillance Unlimited
- Basic Procedures Unlimited
- Modernization Plans Unlimited
- Air Traffic Flow Management (FAA Command Center) Unlimited
- Oceanic and International ATC Unlimited
- Next Generation Air Transportation System Initiative Unlimited
- System-Wide Modeling for the Joint Planning and Development Office Unlimited
- European AIS Database Portfolio Analysis Unlimited
- Controller Training and Labor Issues Unlimited
- Air Traffic Control Funding and User Fees Unlimited
About the instructor