This course will provide an overview of a new vision for Human-Computer Interaction (HCI) in which people are surrounded by intelligent and intuitive interfaces embedded in the everyday objects around them.
It will focus on understanding enabling technologies and studying applications and experiments, and, to a lesser extent, it will address the socio-cultural impact. Students will read and discuss the most relevant articles in related areas: smart environments, smart networked objects, augmented and mixed realities, ubiquitous computing, pervasive computing, tangible computing, intelligent interfaces and wearable computing. Finally, they will be asked to come up with new ideas and start innovative projects in this area.
- Introduction Unlimited
- Intelligence Augmentation Unlimited
- Context Aware Systems Unlimited
- Pushpinder Singh – Giving Computers Common Sense Unlimited
- Ubiquitous Computing Unlimited
- User Modeling, Personalization and Recommender Systems Unlimited
- Aaron Zinman – Bridging the Paper and Electronic Worlds Unlimited
About the instructor