April 19, 2022
This course includes:
Badge on Completion
Certificate of completion
This course, An introduction to design engineering, looks at the way in which engineers use ideas and approaches from the discipline of design thinking to inform their work.
The complexity that people bring to design problems is introduced, along with some basic methods of dealing with such complexity.
Course learning outcomes
After studying this course, you should be able to:
After studying this course you should be able to:
- Understand the broad scope of design engineering
- Recognise the main drivers for design engineering
- Describe how human variation impacts on design engineering
- Apply some basic concepts and methods from design engineering to explore creative solutions to clearly defined real world problems
- Demonstrate skills in communication, presentation, information handling and numeracy through the completion of activities.
- Introduction 00:20:00
- Learning outcomes 00:07:00
- Design beginnings 00:10:00
- Design is more than aesthetics and appearance 00:15:00
- Design is more than products and objects 00:15:00
- Design is not just for designers 00:10:00
- Design is much more than just solving a single problem 00:15:00
- Design is about thinking around the object 00:15:00
- Design is … 00:10:00
- Inspiring design engineering 00:20:00
- My definition of design 00:10:00
- Summary of Section 2 00:15:00
- Design drivers 00:20:00
- Common design drivers 00:20:00
- Design driver examples 00:07:00
- Summary of Section 3 00:10:00
About the instructor
We are an educational and skills marketplace to accommodate the needs of skills enhancement and free equal education across the globe to the millions. We are bringing courses and trainings every single day for our users. We welcome everyone woth all ages, all background to learn. There is so much available to learn and deliver to the people.