This course, Assessment in secondary modern foreign languages, will identify and explore some of the key issues around assessing modern foreign languages in secondary schools. Through coming to understand these issues and debates, you will reflect on and develop your assessment practice as a modern foreign languages teacher and develop a greater awareness of the implications of assessment practice on pedagogy and its relevance for modern foreign language education.
Course learning outcomes
- Articulate what it means to make progress in MFL
- List a number of key assessment strategies
- Identify the challenges of assessing language learning
- Outline the differences between formative and summative assessment
- Classify some different assessment approaches.
About the instructor