Do you want to improve your language skills and communicate more easily and effectively in Spanish? This course, Beginners’ Spanish: food and drink, focuses on buying and ordering food and drink at a restaurant or bar. You will be able to use some basic vocabulary relating to food, drinks, meals, quantities and measures. In this OpenLearn course you will listen to Spanish speakers in a variety of situations.
This course, Beginners' Spanish: food and drink, requires some basic knowledge of Spanish. You will be able to use some basic vocabulary relating to food, drinks, meals, quantities and measures. You will also have the opportunity to practice how to order a meal, go shopping and pay for food. You will listen to Spanish speakers in a variety of situations, and you will learn skills for coping with extended listening. Cultural notes also explain about customs to do with meals and food shopping in Spain.
Course learning outcomesAfter studying this course, you should be able to:
- Take part in simple exchanges when buying food in shops or at the market in Spain
- Understand basic information about prices and quantities in Spanish
- Order food and drinks in a bar or restaurant using Spanish
- Ask for the bill in Spanish
- Have a better understanding of some customs relating to food shopping and meals in Spain.
About the instructor