December 22, 2022
This course includes:
Badge on Completion
Certificate of completion
This is an intermediate workshop designed for students who have a basic understanding of the principles of theatrical design and who want a more intensive study of costume design and the psychology of clothing.
Students develop designs that emerge through a process of character analysis, based on the script and directorial concept. Period research, design, and rendering skills are fostered through practical exercises. Instruction in basic costume construction, including drafting and draping, provide tools for students to produce final projects.
- Basic Function of Costumes Unlimited
- Reading the Play Unlimited
- Stencil Rendering Unlimited
- The Psychology of Clothes Unlimited
- Script, Character, Concept Unlimited
- Research Unlimited
- Elements of Design Unlimited
About the instructor
Massachusetts Institute of Technology