April 8, 2022
This course includes:
Badge on Completion
Certificate of completion
Article 12 of the UN Convention on the Rights of the Child introduced the right of children to have a say in issues affecting them. Although historic accounts demonstrate some children's willingness and ability to express an opinion pre-dating the UNCRC, a more visible emphasis on children's involvement and participation, particularly in the design and delivery of children's services, has been identified in its wake.
IntroductionThe aim of this learning guide is to help you develop a critical understanding of the values, skills, and methods associated with children’s participation. You will be encouraged to reflect upon and creatively apply the experiences of children and practitioners to new participatory contexts. There are six activities in this course:
- Activity 1: Introductory reading on children’s participation (allow 6 hours)
- Activity 2: Shared values for children's participation: access online participation standards (allow 1 hour)
- Activity 3: Skills for participation: listen to audio accounts to help construct a list of participatory skills (allow 1 hour)
- Activity 4: Methods of participation: undertake online activity simulating a participatory activity (allow 1 hour)
- Activity 5: Adapting participatory methods: adapting participatory activity in response to a case study (allow 45 minutes)
- Activity 6: Participation in practice: adapting participatory activity for your own practice (allow 1 hour 30 minutes).
Course learning outcomesAfter studying this course, you should be able to:
- Understand the principles underlying rights and participation approach to childhood issues and how these may be applied to a variety of situations within different contexts
- Develop communication and engagement skills that can be applied to work with children.
- Activity 1 01:30:00
- Activity 2 03:00:00
- Activity 3 03:00:00
- Activity 4 03:00:00
- Activity 5 01:00:00
- Activity 6 00:20:00
- Conclusion 00:10:00
About the instructor
We are an educational and skills marketplace to accommodate the needs of skills enhancement and free equal education across the globe to the millions. We are bringing courses and trainings every single day for our users. We welcome everyone woth all ages, all background to learn. There is so much available to learn and deliver to the people.