This course includes:
Badge on Completion
Certificate of completion
This course, Death and medicine: Postponement and promise, help you to explore the extent to which death and dying in western societies are medical events and what aspects of death and dying might be neglected as a consequence. The course covers the way that such things as medicine provide the context of the experiences associated with the end of life.
Course learning outcomesAfter studying this course, you should be able to: After completing this course, you should be able to:
- Evaluate end-of-life care approaches in the UK and challenges to care delivery
- Evaluate the usefulness of theoretical models of death, dying and bereavement
- Recognize the relevance of critical social perspectives associated with death, dying and bereavement
- Critically reflect on policy and practice in order to promote the interests of dying and bereaved people.
- Expectations and administrative pressures 00:20:00
- Terminology: patients or people? 00:10:00
- Problems with quantification 00:10:00
- Conclusion 00:10:00
About the instructor