This course includes:
Badge on Completion
Certificate of completion
Why is the way something looks important? Text, colour, images, moving images and sound all interact to produce a user-friendly environment within a user interface.
This course, Designing the user interface, will help you understand the effect each software component has on the user and explain how a consistent and thoughtful application of these components can have a significant impact on the look of the final product.
Course learning outcomes
- After studying this course, you should be able to:
- Design a user interface, making effective use of typeface, colour, still and moving images, and sound.
- Introduction 00:05:00
- Learning outcomes 00:03:00
- Getting the best from interaction devices 00:10:00
- The role of text 00:10:00
- The characteristics of text 00:10:00
- How to use text to good effect 00:20:00
- The role of colour 00:10:00
- The characteristics of colour 00:10:00
- Choosing colours with the right connotations 00:20:00
- How to use colour to good effect 00:15:00
- Using colour to represent information 00:25:00
- Different types of moving image 00:10:00
- Using animation to good effect 00:10:00
- Using video clips to good effect 00:10:00
About the instructor