A small grocery store run by one person and perhaps their family must pose quite different challenges from a multinational corporation with operations in many different countries.
This course introduces different types of business, depending on industry sector, size and type of ownership and discusses some of the ways in which businesses differ from each other.
Course learning outcomes
After studying this course, you should be able to:
- Describe different types businesses
- Explain different ways of classifying businesses: by size, industry sector and ownership type
- Apply these ideas to a real business through a video case study.
- Introduction 00:05:00
- Learning outcomes 00:05:00
- Categorising a business 00:07:00
- Classifying businesses by size 00:15:00
- Classifying businesses by industry sector 00:10:00
- Ownership structures and legal forms 00:15:00
- Examples of different businesses 00:15:00
- Case study: Schaefer Kalk 00:20:00
- Case study activity 00:02:00
- Conclusion 00:05:00
About the instructor