This course provides students with an opportunity to conceive, design and implement a product, using rapid prototyping methods and computer-aid tools.
The first of two phases challenges each student team to meet a set of design requirements and constraints for a structural component. A course of iteration, fabrication, and validation completes this manual design cycle. During the second phase, each team conducts design optimization using structural analysis software, with their phase one prototype as a baseline.
- Introduction to Design (de Weck) Unlimited
- Airfoil Analysis, Xfoil Tutorial (Drela) Unlimited
- AD Modeling, SolidWorks® Tutorial (de Weck) Unlimited
- Computer Aided Engineering (CAE)-FEM (de Weck) Unlimited
- Design Optimization (de Weck) Unlimited
- Introduction to CAM (de Weck, Col. Young) Unlimited
- Structural Testing (de Weck) Unlimited
- Guest Lectures: Dr. Jaroslaw Sobieski, NASA Unlimited
- Dr. David Chang, GM Unlimited
About the instructor