This course, Experiences of assessment, is about assessing needs. It is important to understand and hear about people's experiences of being assessed by health or social welfare professionals so that more sensitive responses to those with care and support needs can be developed.
IntroductionIn this course you will be listening to the audio files: ‘Experiences of assessment’, where three people talk about assessment, with comments from a social worker and an occupational therapist. The audio clip was recorded in 2000. Participants in the audio clips:
- Helen Robinson is the presenter;
- Brian and Sylvia are a married couple who have experience of being assessed;
- Anne is a retired social worker who took early retirement on health grounds;
- Gaynor Answer is a social worker;
- Liz Adams is an occupational therapist.
Course learning outcomesAfter studying this course, you should be able to:
- Give examples of assessment by health or social care workers.
- Brian and Sylvia’s experiences 00:10:00
- Gaynor and Liz comment on Brian and Sylvia’s situation 00:10:00
- Anne’s experiences 00:10:00
- General points on assessment 00:10:00
About the instructor