April 20, 2022
This course includes:
Badge on Completion
Certificate of completion
This course, Exploring communications technology, looks at some of the principles underpinning communications technology.
It looks at the properties of signals and media (such as optical fibre and radio waves), error control, data compression, and the principles of 4G mobile communications, wi-fi and DSL broadband.
Course learning outcomes
After studying this course, you should be able to:
- Demonstrate an understanding of the principles of, and reasons for, carrier-wave modulation, and its application to Quadrature Amplitude Modulation
- Demonstrate an understanding of the roles of error detection and error correction, and be able to perform calculations involving checkeck digits and coding rates
- Demonstrate an understanding of the basic techniques of perceptual coding and the reasons for their use
- Demonstrate an understanding of how the use of multiple OFDM subchannels enables efficient use of communications channels in mobile communications, broadband and wifi.
- Introduction 00:10:00
- Learning outcomes 00:10:00
- Signals and modulation 00:10:00
- Periodic signals 00:20:00
- Non-periodic signals 00:10:00
- Digital signals and modulation 00:15:00
- Amplitude-shift keying (ASK) 00:25:00
- Frequency-shift keying (FSK) 00:10:00
- Phase-shift keying (PSK) 00:20:00
- Quadrature amplitude modulation (QAM) 00:20:00
- Bandwidth 00:15:00
- Summary 00:10:00
- Error control 00:25:00
- EAN-13 code and error detection 00:45:00
- Reed-Solomon codes and error correction 00:20:00
- Reed-Solomon codes and error correction continued 00:30:00
- Summary 00:07:00
- Introduction 00:15:00
About the instructor
We are an educational and skills marketplace to accommodate the needs of skills enhancement and free equal education across the globe to the millions. We are bringing courses and trainings every single day for our users. We welcome everyone woth all ages, all background to learn. There is so much available to learn and deliver to the people.