April 8, 2022
This course includes:
Badge on Completion
Certificate of completion
This advanced-level course, Exploring depression, serves as an introduction to masters level study in neurosciences and mental health. Focusing on depression, you will consider key issues concerning diagnosis, causes and interventions. You will also begin to explore theoretical models, biological and psychological explanations, and look at a range of pharmacological and psychological therapies for depression.
If you are about to embark on this course, please be aware that this is the second part of a three-part series covering anxiety and depression. We would encourage you to start by Exploring anxiety.
Learning outcomesAfter studying this course, you should be able to:
- Understand depression from biopsychosocial perspectives
- Discuss contemporary issues in mental health science related to depression
- Recognize different lines of evidence and appreciate the uncertainty, ambiguity, and limits of current knowledge in the study of mental health science.
- The experience of depression 01:00:00
- Understanding depression − key issues 01:00:00
- Exploring depression 00:10:00
- Depression can affect people in different ways 00:15:00
- The diagnosis of depression 00:20:00
- Medicalizing grief? 00:20:00
- Consolidating your understanding of depression 01:00:00
- Theoretical models and psychological explanations of depression 00:15:00
- Behaviourist theory and operant conditioning 00:05:00
- Psychodynamic theories 00:05:00
- Cognitive models 00:20:00
- Neurotic depression 00:10:00
- Models of rumination 00:15:00
- Treatments for depression 01:00:00
- Pharmacological and psychological therapies 00:15:00
- Treatment-resistant depression and somatic treatments 00:10:00
About the instructor
We are an educational and skills marketplace to accommodate the needs of skills enhancement and free equal education across the globe to the millions. We are bringing courses and trainings every single day for our users. We welcome everyone woth all ages, all background to learn. There is so much available to learn and deliver to the people.