April 8, 2022
This course includes:
Badge on Completion
Certificate of completion
This advanced-level course, Exploring the relationship between anxiety and depression, serves as an introduction to masters level study in neurosciences and mental health.
IntroductionIn this final part, we explore the relationship between anxiety and depression. The course will help you to consider some key issues around diagnosis, causes, and interventions for anxiety and depression, and to think critically about some of the more pressing contemporary questions and controversies. For example:
- Do anxiety and depression lie along a ‘continuum’ of human emotions?
- Do culture and societal views matter?
- Are anxiety and depression simply caused by the stresses and strains of daily living and my life’s events and traumas, and not by genes?
- How much of mental illness can the biology of the brain explain?
- Are anxiety and depression more common in women or in men?
- Can or should anxiety and depression be ‘cured’?
- Could psychedelics be used to treat anxiety and depression?
Course learning outcomesAfter studying this course, you should be able to:
- Understand anxiety and depression from biopsychosocial perspectives
- Discuss contemporary issues in mental health science related to anxiety and depression
- Recognize different lines of evidence and appreciate the uncertainty, ambiguity, and limits of current knowledge in the study of mental health science.
- Anxiety and depression 00:05:00
- The biopsychosocial model of mental health: revisited 00:20:00
- The monoaminergic hypothesis for mood disorders: re-examined 00:20:00
- Overlap of symptoms between anxiety and depression and comorbidity with other conditions 00:25:00
- Mixed anxiety and depressive disorder – a separate diagnostic category? 00:20:00
- Trajectory of illness from anxiety to depression and comorbidity with other conditions 00:20:00
- Psychedelics for the treatment of anxiety and depression? 00:10:00
- Conclusion 00:25:00
About the instructor
We are an educational and skills marketplace to accommodate the needs of skills enhancement and free equal education across the globe to the millions. We are bringing courses and trainings every single day for our users. We welcome everyone woth all ages, all background to learn. There is so much available to learn and deliver to the people.