In this subject we will study the basic harmonic, melodic, and formal practices of western music, principally the classical music of central Europe during the eighteenth century.
Topics will include diatonic harmony, simple counterpoint in two parts, and tones of figuration. The coursework will combine composition, listening, analysis, and work in sight-singing and keyboard musicianship.
- Music Manuscript Paper Unlimited
- Generic Intervals Unlimited
- Intervals: Points of Contact with Psychoacoustic Reality Unlimited
- Quick First Species (Four Voices) Unlimited
- Quick First Species (Two Voices) Unlimited
- Teacher-Student Chant Unlimited
- Generic Triads Unlimited
About the instructor