April 8, 2022
This course includes:
Badge on Completion
Certificate of completion
The heritage traditions of Scotland are unique in comparison to the rest of Britain. This course, Heritage case studies: Scotland, uses two case studies to demonstrate how heritage sites have helped to forge the Scottish national identity and history.
IntroductionThe case studies in this course introduce various typologies of heritage and the methods used to study them. The case studies help to draw attention to the fact that the heritage traditions in England, Scotland and Wales are not the same and are enshrined in slightly different legislation. Every study of heritage requires an understanding of the legal context and the traditions and history governing the object of heritage.
Learning OutcomesAfter studying this course, you should be able to:
- Understand the significant issues affecting heritage
- Engage effectively in debates about heritage issues in Scotland.
- Case Studies 00:15:00
- Battlefields as Heritage Sites 02:00:00
- Culloden Visitor Survey 02:00:00
- Old and New Towns of Edinburgh 00:45:00
About the instructor
Open University UK