This class offers a broad coverage of technology concepts and trends underlying current and future developments in information technology, and fundamental principles for the effective use of computer-based information systems.
There will be a special emphasis on networks and distributed computing, including the World Wide Web. Other topics include: hardware and operating systems, software development tools and processes, relational databases, security and cryptography, enterprise applications, and electronic commerce. Hands-on exposure to Web, database, and graphical user interface (GUI) tools.
This course is intended for students with little or no background in computer technology. Students with extensive education or work experience in computer technology should consider taking a more advanced course.
- Introduction: Fundamentals of Computing I Unlimited
- Fundamentals of Computing II Unlimited
- Networks I Unlimited
- Networks II Unlimited
- Programming Languages Unlimited
- Relational Databases Unlimited
- Introduction to Microsoft® Access Unlimited
- Web Technologies Fundamentals Unlimited
- Computer Security I: Encryption and Digital Signatures Unlimited
- “Under the Hood” of a Commercial Website Unlimited
- Managing Software Development Unlimited
- Enterprise Systems Unlimited
- Systems that Span Multiple Enterprises Unlimited
- Business Intelligence: Data Mining and Data Warehousing Unlimited
- Emerging Technologies; Course Wrap-up Unlimited
About the instructor