This course includes:
Badge on Completion
Certificate of completion
This course, Introduction to law in Wales, gives a brief overview of the legal history in Wales from the 12th century, followed by an overview of devolution and referendums, the law-making powers of the Welsh Assembly and the possible future for legal Wales.
IntroductionThis course explores the law-making powers of the Welsh Assembly, the administration of justice in Wales and the history and evolution of law in Wales.
Learning outcomesAfter studying this course, you should be able to:
- Understand the process of devolution in Wales
- Explain the ongoing development of the law-making powers of the Welsh Assembly
- Understand the relationship between the Welsh Assembly and UK Parliament
- Show an awareness of the ongoing developments in relation to a Welsh jurisdiction.
- Overview of Legal Regulation in Wales 01:05:00
- Devolution in Wales: the Beginning 01:05:00
- Devolution in Wales: The Modern Era 01:25:00
- Subordinate Legislation in the National Assembly 00:45:00
- Summary of Welsh Devolution 00:50:00
- Conclusion 00:20:00
About the instructor