- PKR: ₨1,120
- EUR: €5
- GBP: £4
- INR: ₹412
- BDT: ৳ 513
- IRR: ﷼210,000
This course includes:
Badge on Completion
Certificate of completion
This course, Introduction to the context of accounting, will help you to understand the very basics of accounting, from its historical beginnings to the objectives of modern-day accountants.
Through a series of activities and practical examples, this course provides a broad overview of the field of accounting, including its origins and objectives, the nature of accounting information and accounting information systems, and accountancy’s role in helping organizations meet their objectives. Revenue, profit, and loss, balance sheets are these accounting terms that intimidate you? You will learn how an accountant in business balances conflicting demands to maximize market share and profit.
Course learning outcomesAfter studying this course, you should be able to:
- Describe accounting's primary objective
- Explain what is meant by inputs to and outputs from the accounting information system
- Explain the relationship between data, data processing, data summarization, and information
- Explain the difference between data and information
- Describe the five main characteristics of 'good' information.
- What is accounting about? 01:00:00
- Accounting information systems 00:20:00
- What is an accountant? 00:30:00
- The characteristics of ‘good’ information 00:20:00
- Conclusion 00:10:00
About the instructor