This course, Justice, fairness and mediation, considers the concepts of justice and fairness from various perspectives but mainly focuses on effective policing and community empowerment.
This course was produced by The Open University in association with the Police Service of Northern Ireland.
Course learning outcomes
After studying this course, you should be able to:
- Understand the various ways in which fairness and justice can be perceived
- Understand the concept of restorative justice
- Appreciate various forms of alternative dispute resolution
- Reflect on the value of mediation to resolve community disputes.
- Introduction 00:10:00
- What’s fair for me may not seem fair to you – perception in policing 00:10:00
- The importance of justice 00:10:00
- Forms of justice 00:20:00
About the instructor