This course surveys operations research models and techniques developed for a variety of problems arising in logistical planning of multi-echelon systems.
There is a focus on planning models for production/inventory/distribution strategies in general multi-echelon multi-item systems. Topics include vehicle routing problems, dynamic lot sizing inventory models, stochastic and deterministic multi-echelon inventory systems, the bullwhip effect, pricing models, and integration problems arising in supply chain management. Probability and linear programming experience required.
- Introduction to Supply Chain Management Unlimited
- Inventory and EOQ Models Unlimited
- Issues in Supply Chain Strategy Unlimited
- Logistics and Distribution Systems Unlimited
- Introduction to Stochastic Inventory Models and Supply Contracts Unlimited
- Newsboy Model with Pricing Unlimited
- Analysis of Inventory Models with Limited Demand Information Unlimited
About the instructor