- PKR: ₨1,997
- EUR: €7
- GBP: £6
- INR: ₹578
- BDT: ৳ 750
- IRR: ﷼294,000
This course includes:
Badge on Completion
Certificate of completion
Many projects are now ‘virtual’, i.e. some or all of the team are located remotely and maybe working in different time zones. The project manager needs all the traditional soft skills and more. This course, Managing virtual project teams, looks at knowledge and techniques which underpin team selection and then consider the additional expertise needed to manage teams in a virtual environment.
Course learning outcomesAfter studying this course, you should be able to:
- consider the types of skills needed within a project team and the implications for writing a person specification
- be aware of social and task behaviours that can support an effective team
- understand a responsibility assignment matrix
- identify the difference in awareness between team members in a collocated team and between team members in a virtual team
- be aware of the approaches and techniques needed for a virtual team to be successful.
- Understand and develop the skills required to effectively manage a virtual team
- Build engagement and trust with members of their virtual team
- Effectively use technology and tools to support communication within the team
- Improve their communication and feedback approach with their virtual team
- Track progress and performance management of team members to achieve success
Managing a Virtual Team Training MaterialsManaging Virtual Teams has become a hot topic over the last few years. People are now much more likely to work from home, from their car, at alternative locations, or even on the other side of the world, which means managers might rarely see them. Consequently, managers that are asked to lead these virtual teams not only face the usual leadership dilemmas, they also have to be able to adapt to these challenges in an environment where the rules have changed. Managing virtual teams requires a different approach. It means developing new skills, communication methodologies and techniques to get the best out of teams and improve organisational and personal performance. Perhaps you’ve always had virtual teams and you want to make your managers more effective. Or you want to refocus existing teams by developing your management team skills. Whatever your need, Trainer Bubble provides you with a comprehensive training course on managing a virtual team that will make your life easy.
Why is running this virtual team training course a good idea?Well, just imagine if your participants were better able to:
- Inspire their virtual teams, bringing out the best in each and every individual.
- Overcome the barriers and isolation that working remotely can cause.
- Develop a virtual team that works collaboratively and with the interests of the organisation at heart.
- Increase their teams' performance through clear goal-setting and communication.
- Improve the effective use of technology within the organisation.
- Develop trusting relationships that ensure the teamwork towards common goals.
- Keep their teams happy and reduce staff turnaround.
- When you’re busy or under pressure at work, you save time and stress by using our ready-made professional training materials.
- Our materials come with no restrictions: you can edit content, add your company branding and use as many times as you wish.
- Whether you’re an experienced trainer or nervous first-timer, our training materials give you everything you need to deliver a confident and successful training session: PowerPoint slides, workbooks, session plans, activities/exercises and detailed trainer notes.
- There is no need to wait for delivery. You’ll receive the full course pack in your inbox instantly.
- With a mix of practical exercises and trainer led material, your attendees will remain engaged throughout, while you take credit for a professional and effective training course.
- And when budgets are tight but you still need results, Trainer Bubble courses are great value for money. Train a whole team or even a whole company for much less than the cost of sending a single participant on a standard training course.
The main content of the training course materials
Providing the scope and broad definitions of various situations that constitute managing a virtual or remote team.
Identifying the benefits and challenges that face a manager of virtual teams and suggesting the mindset that a virtual manager needs to develop.
Establishing the competencies and skills of a virtual manager and acknowledging where there may be development opportunities.
The first part of a case study that follows Steve on his virtual team management journey. What challenges and opportunities are there for Steve with his new team?
What does a virtual team require from their manager to be a success and what ground rules should be set?
How should Steve set up his initial meeting with his team? What should be included and how should he approach this?
What traits build trust in a virtual team and how can the participants demonstrate this with their teams?
Reviewing the tools available to the virtual manager and knowing which tool is better to use for each situation.
How can Steve resolve the challenges that he is facing with his virtual team? What should he do and how could he have avoided them in the first place?
What is the best practice of communication with a virtual team and how can we ensure our communication approach is effective?
Understanding the purpose and guiding principles of feedback and developing an approach to feedback preparation.
What can Steve do to resolve the problem of a poorly performing virtual employee? How could he have avoided the problem in the first place?
How to monitor virtual work, set goals and provide effective reviews without micro-managing or losing control of the team.
- Basic Introduction 00:20:00
- What is building the team 00:30:00
- Technical skills 00:15:00
- Responsibility assignment matrix 01:00:00
- Group working functions 01:00:00
- Interpersonal skills 00:15:00
- Person Specification 01:00:00
- What management of virtual team? 00:30:00
- Awareness 01:10:00
- Social presence and information richness 00:45:00
- Common ground 01:00:00
- Successful virtual team 01:10:00
About the instructor