The focus of the course is on medical science and practice in the age of automation and the genome, both present and future.
It ncludes an analysis of the computational needs of clinical medicine, a review systems and approaches that have been used to support those needs, and an examination of new technologies.
- Introduction: Nature of Modern Medicine and Medical Practice Unlimited
- Nature of Medical Data: Where it is and Where it is Not Unlimited
- Patient Identification Unlimited
- Countering Bioterrorism Unlimited
- Diagnosis, Standards, Codification Unlimited
- Patient Data Confidentiality and Security Unlimited
- Decreasing Variability in Health Care Unlimited
- Advanced Expert Systems Unlimited
- Patient Monitoring Unlimited
- Genomic Medicine IV: Linking Genotypes and Phenotypes Unlimited
- Genomic Medicine V: Reverse Engineering Unlimited
About the instructor