April 8, 2022
This course includes:
Badge on Completion
Certificate of completion
This course, Population ageing: a global health crisis? focuses on two major issues of our time – ageing societies and global health. It provides you with an introduction to ageing societies and their implications for global health – implications which are only just beginning to be fully understood.
The course will help you to deepen your understanding of ageing societies across the globe and the different components of the concept of global health. You will also explore the ways in which population ageing is often framed as a crisis and begin to develop your own ideas about the implications of population ageing.
Course learning outcomes
After studying this course, you should be able to:
- Answer the question ‘what is population ageing?’
- Identify the core components of global health
- Understand how population ageing and increasing life expectancy might be seen as a global health challenge.
- Introducing population ageing 00:30:00
- Population ageing: what is it and why is it important? 01:00:00
- So, what is global health? 01:00:00
- Population ageing: the challenges for global health 00:50:00
- Global cooperation: a way forward? 00:10:00
About the instructor
Open University UK