Product Design and Development is a project-based course that covers modern tools and methods for product design and development.
The cornerstone is a project in which teams of management, engineering, and industrial design students conceive, design and prototype a physical product. Class sessions are conducted in workshop mode and employ cases and hands-on exercises to reinforce the key ideas. Topics include identifying customer needs, concept generation, product architecture, industrial design, and design-for-manufacturing.
- Introduction Unlimited
- Identifying Customer Needs: “Sweetwater” Unlimited
- Customer Preferences: Conjoint Analysis Unlimited
- Industrial Design Unlimited
- Product Specifications and Concept Generation Unlimited
- Prototyping Unlimited
- Concept Selection Unlimited
- Forecasting Demand for New Products Unlimited
- Trends and Tools in Product Development Unlimited
About the instructor