For students and teams who have started a sustainable-development project in D-Lab (EC.701J or EC.720J), Product Engineering Processes (2.009), or elsewhere, this class provides a setting to continue developing projects for field implementation.
Topics covered include prototyping techniques, materials selection, design-for-manufacturing, field-testing, and project management. All classwork will directly relate to the students’ projects, and the instructor will consult on the projects during weekly lab time. There are no exams. Teams are encouraged to enroll together.
- Introductions, Prototyping Levels, Present Projects, Match People to Teams Unlimited
- Project Management, Gantt Chart Schedules, Post-it Exercise Unlimited
- Where to Get Resources, Unlimited
- Consulting; Bring Work to Class Unlimited
- Design for Manufacturing; Destroy a Videotape Unlimited
- Description and Requirements for M1 Design Review; Work on Presentations Unlimited
- Design Review Post-Mortem, S.W.O.T. Unlimited
About the instructor