From paving your patio to measuring the ingredients for your latest recipe, squares, roots, and powers really are part of everyday life.
IntroductionThis course reviews the basics of all three and also describes scientific notation, which is a convenient way of writing or displaying large numbers.
Course learning outcomesAfter studying this course, you should be able to:
- Evaluate the squares, cubes and other powers of positive and negative numbers with or without your calculator
- Estimate square roots and calculate them using your calculator
- Describe the power notation for expressing numbers
- Use your calculator to find powers of numbers
- Multiply and divide powers of the same number
About the instructor
Open University UK