This course, Starting with law, explores key legal concepts such as legal capacity and the rights and responsibilities of the individual.
You will examine how laws are made, and how they affect us at different points in our lives. It is an ideal course if you are a beginner or returning to study.
Course learning outcomes
After studying this course, you should be able to:
- Explain why the law matters
- Give some examples of legal rights and responsibilities
- Understand how different reading styles suit different purposes.
- Introduction 00:10:00
- Learning outcomes 00:05:00
- What is law and why does it matter? 00:10:00
- The definition of law 00:20:00
- Starting to think about rights and responsibilities 00:25:00
- Legal cases 00:15:00
- Learning skills – reading efficiently and with purpose 00:20:00
- Reading for gist or substance 00:20:00
- Reading for specific information 00:20:00
- Reading to reformulate 00:20:00
- Conclusion 00:10:00
About the instructor