This course covers probability distributions for classical and quantum systems.
Topics include: Microcanonical, canonical, and grand canonical partition-functions and associated thermodynamic potentials. Also discussed are conditions of thermodynamic equilibrium for homogenous and heterogenous systems.
The course follows 8.044, Statistical Physics I, and is second in this series of undergraduate Statistical Physics courses.
- Canonical Ensemble Unlimited
- Interacting Classical Gas and van der Waals Equation of State Unlimited
- Ising Model Unlimited
- Grand Canonical Ensemble Unlimited
- Random Variable Unlimited
- Thermal Fluctuations Unlimited
- The Bose Gas Unlimited
- The Fermi Gas Unlimited
- Transport Unlimited
About the instructor