This course is one in a series focusing on leadership, decision-making and communication in the context of policing with the community.
This particular course focuses on the challenge of leadership and leading change in an ever-changing policing context. It provides insights to help individuals become more effective leaders of teams and organisations, and to engage more effectively with key community stakeholders.
Course learning outcomes
After studying this course, you should be able to:
- Develop a clear understanding of the concept of leadership
- Reflect on personal leadership style
- Consider what leadership might mean in different contexts
- Understand the role of a leader in developing others and creating a positive workplace culture.
- Introduction 00:10:00
- What is leadership? 00:10:00
- Leadership or management? 00:10:00
- Leadership in a policing context 00:15:00
- ‘Being’ a leader 00:07:00
- Being a leader might depend on context 00:07:00
- Are you seen as a leader? 00:20:00
- Leading with a purpose 00:15:00
- Developing an effective team culture 00:10:00
- Where does culture come from? 00:15:00
- Leaders, empowerment and accountability 00:20:00
- Leading through change 00:20:00
- Summary 00:05:00
About the instructor