December 21, 2022
This course includes:
Badge on Completion
Certificate of completion
The transition from high school and home to college and a new living environment can be a fascinating and interesting time, made all the more challenging and interesting by being at MIT.
More than recording the first semester through a series of snapshots, this freshman seminar will attempt to teach photography as a method of seeing and a tool for better understanding new surroundings. Over the course of the semester, students will develop a body of work through a series of assignments, and then attempt to describe the conditions and emotions of their new environment in a cohesive final presentation.
- Lecture – Introduction: 9/11 / Camera, Light Unlimited
- Image Viewing – Light Assignment Unlimited
- Image Viewing – Detail Assignment / Web Design Unlimited
- Museum Visit – HMNH, Dinner in Harvard Square Unlimited
- In-class Work on Web Site building Unlimited
- Review of Assignment 3 – Web Sites / Themes Unlimited
- Image Viewing – Poetics Assignment, Themes Unlimited
- Walking Tour of Campus Art and Architecture Unlimited
About the instructor
Massachusetts Institute of Technology