Please note that this is not a course containing teaching materials.
It collates links to a variety of courses and other resources about natural selection, its relevance to different environments and animal species, and the theory's influence on future scientists, psychologists and philosophers. It will be of interest to anyone wishing to study Darwin’s theory of evolution and natural selection and how his work has gone on to influence other work around this theory.
Course learning outcomes
After studying this course, you should be able to:
- Understand Darwin’s theory of evolution and natural selection
- Recognise how his theory has influenced other work in this area and beyond.
- Introduction 00:07:00
- Learning outcomes 00:03:00
- Evolution and natural and artificial selection 00:10:00
- Animals at the extremes 00:20:00
- Studying mammals 00:20:00
- How Darwin has influenced others 00:05:00
- Conclusion 00:03:00
About the instructor