This course includes:
Badge on Completion
Certificate of completion
Welcome This course provides a brief introduction to the field of teamworking. You can also access the other courses in this collection: An introduction to leadership for governors and Inclusive education: knowing what we mean.
Teamwork plays an important and essential role in developing and sustaining a successful governing body. This course provides an opportunity for you to reflect on your own team working experiences, to explore examples of team working in schools and to reflect on the importance of teamworking and leadership in building successful teams. Throughout you explore the relevance of teamworking to your governor experience and its function within your own governing body.
This Badged Open Course is part of a collection of training resources for school governors in Wales. The collection was developed by The Open University in Wales with an aim to develop a range of additional skills and reflections that may assist you in your role as a governor.
Earn this free Open University digital badge if you complete this course! The badge can be displayed, shared and downloaded as a marker of your achievement. The badge is awarded for completing the course and passing the quizzes.
Course learning outcomes
After studying this course, you should be able to:
- The role of teams in an educational context
- The importance of working in ‘partnership’ with others in an educational context
- The relevance of team working in your role and work as a governor.
- Introduction 00:10:00
- Learning outcomes 00:05:00
- Governing bodies and ‘team working’ 00:10:00
- Working in a team as a governor 00:15:00
- Team roles 00:15:00
- A ‘partnership with parents and carers’? 00:15:00
- Thinking about ‘working in partnership’ 00:20:00
- Why work together? 00:10:00
- Parents and carers are educators 00:10:00
- Parents and carers give ‘background’ support to practitioners 00:15:00
- Parents and carers working alongside practitioners 00:15:00
- Different perspectives 00:10:00
- Recognising parents and carers as individuals 00:10:00
- Understanding why some parents and carers decide not to be ‘partners’ 00:07:00
- Working with ‘challenging’ parents and carers 00:10:00
- Acknowledging family structures 00:10:00
- Compulsory badge quiz 00:05:00
About the instructor