No idea how relational database systems are constructed? Did you know that they underpin the majority of the managed data storage in computer systems?
This course, The database development life cycle, has been designed to give you an overview of the developmental lifecycle for a database system, explaining the importance of data analysis and highlighting how database development differs from traditional software development.
Course learning outcomes
After studying this course, you should be able to:
- Describe the key points of the waterfall model applied to database development
- Appreciate the roles of various development artefacts, such as the data requirements document, conceptual data model and such like used to communicate between activities in the database development life cycle
- Communicate effectively about aspects of the development of databases.
- Introduction 00:05:00
- Learning outcomes 00:05:00
- Introduction 00:20:00
- Desirable properties of a database 00:15:00
- A development life cycle 00:20:00
- Requirements gathering 00:10:00
- Analysis 00:15:00
- Design 00:20:00
- Implementation 00:10:00
- Realising the design 00:10:00
- Populating the database 00:10:00
- Supporting users and user processes 00:10:00
- Supporting data management strategies 00:15:00
- Testing 00:10:00
- Maintenance 00:10:00
- Conclusion 00:05:00
About the instructor