We will explore the mathematical strategies behind popular games, toys, and puzzles.
Topics covered will combine basic fundamentals of game theory, probability, group theory, and elementary programming concepts. Each week will consist of a lecture and discussion followed by game play to implement the concepts learned in class.
- Theory of impartial games Unlimited
- Surreal numbers Unlimited
- Dynamic programming Unlimited
- AI and game search Unlimited
- Connect Four and additional AI topics Unlimited
- Rubik’s Cube and group theory Unlimited
- Probability topics and Monopoly Unlimited
- Blackjack/poker-guest lecture Unlimited
- Game of Life Unlimited
- NP-completeness Unlimited
- Constraint logic Unlimited
About the instructor