April 7, 2022
This course includes:
Badge on Completion
Certificate of completion
This course, The science behind wheeled sports, focuses on cycling and wheelchair racing: what we might collectively call wheeled sports.
Scientific concepts such as force, acceleration, and speed are also useful for understanding these sports. However, cycling and wheelchair racing differs from other sports in that technology more obviously plays an important role.
Course learning outcomesAfter studying this course, you should be able to:
- Understand forces and their role in determining performance in sport
- Understand the science behind new technologies, and their impact on the sport
- Apply this knowledge and understanding to familiar and unfamiliar situations
- Express course concepts in an objective and factually correct way
- Make sense of a variety of information sources, including textual, numerical, graphical, and video material.
About the instructor
Open University UK