This course includes:
Badge on Completion
Certificate of completion
This independent experimental study course is designed to allow students with a strong interest in independent research to fulfill the project laboratory requirement for the Biology Department Program in the context of a research laboratory at MIT.
The research should be a continuation of a previous project under the direction of a member of the Biology Department faculty.
This course provides instruction and practice in written and oral communication. Journal club discussions are used to help students evaluate and write scientific papers.
- Sorting Students to Sections Unlimited
- Logic of a Research Paper Unlimited
- Data and Figures, Results and Preliminary Results Unlimited
- Project Outline and Journal Club Unlimited
- Introduction, Background and Significance Unlimited
- Experimental Plan Unlimited
- Methods and Materials Unlimited
- Scientific and Non-scientific Abstract Unlimited
- Discussion (cont.) and Polishing your Writing Unlimited
About the instructor