In this course you will explore an important aspect of strength and conditioning which refers to the physical preparation of athletes: endurance.
You will look at the physiological factors that underpin endurance and assess how endurance can be developed relative to performance in a range of sports.
Course learning outcomes
After studying this course, you should be able to:
- Explain what is meant by the concept of endurance
- Understand the physiological principles that underpin endurance
- Apply a range of techniques for endurance in practice
- Assess which training methods are most suitable for performance in different sports.
- Introduction 00:05:00
- Learning outcomes 00:07:00
- What is endurance? 00:05:00
- Who needs endurance? 00:15:00
- Endurance exercise: physiological determinants 00:05:00
- VO2 max 00:10:00
- Lactate (anaerobic) threshold 00:05:00
- Exercise economy 00:10:00
- Anaerobic power/capacity 00:10:00
- Training endurance 00:10:00
- Resistance training for endurance 00:10:00
- Programming endurance training 00:10:00
- Polarised training (or 80/20 training) 00:05:00
- Threshold training 00:10:00
- Conclusion 00:10:00
About the instructor