This course includes:
Badge on Completion
Certificate of completion
In this course you will explore two aspects of strength and conditioning in sport and fitness: speed and power.
Strength and conditioning is the physical preparation of athletes and in this course you will explore the physiology of speed before looking at training methods to develop speed. You will also look at power which is a concept closely related to speed.
Course learning outcomes
After studying this course, you should be able to:
- Explain what is meant by the concepts of speed and power
- Understand the physiological principles that underpin speed and power
- Apply a range of training techniques for speed and power in practice.
- Introduction 00:05:00
- Learning outcomes 00:05:00
- What are speed and power? 00:05:00
- Speed 00:05:00
- The mechanics of speed 00:05:00
- The physiology of speed 00:10:00
- Developing speed: methods 00:07:00
- Speed training in action 00:10:00
- Power 00:05:00
- Power training: physiology and mechanics 00:05:00
- Developing power: plyometric training 00:10:00
- Developing power: weight training 00:10:00
- Conclusion 00:10:00
About the instructor