This course includes:
Badge on Completion
Certificate of completion
Turbulent flows, with emphasis on engineering methods. Governing equations for momentum, energy, and species transfer.
Turbulence: its production, dissipation, and scaling laws. Reynolds averaged equations for momentum, energy, and species transfer. Simple closure approaches for free and bounded turbulent shear flows. Applications to jets, pipe and channel flows, boundary layers, buoyant plumes and thermals, and Taylor dispersion, etc., including heat and species transport as well as flow fields. Introduction to more complex closure schemes, including the k-epsilon, and statistical methods in turbulence.
- Review of Fundamental Laws and Constitutive Equations Unlimited
- Concepts in Turbulence Unlimited
- Free Shear Flows I: Jets, Wakes, etc.- Solutions Based on Simple Mean-Flow Closure Schemes Unlimited
- Bounded flows I: General Near-Wall Scaling Laws; Flows in Pipes, Channels, etc Unlimited
- Introduction to Turbulent Boundary Layers Unlimited
- Buoyant Plumes, Thermals, etc. Unlimited
- Introduction to Turbulence Models Unlimited
- Dispersion in Pipe and Channel Flow Unlimited
About the instructor