This course, Understanding management: I'm managing thank you! provides you with a set of ideas for developing your approach to managing your own work what we might call self-management.
In order to do this, we will examine some of the key processes of management decision making, such as allocating time, staff, physical and financial resources: prioritising and problem solving and monitoring performance.
Course learning outcomes
After studying this course, you should be able to:
- Understand some of the key processes in management decision making and how they are performed
- Understand some of the interpersonal skills and aspects of management
- Apply some of these ideas to the management of our own work
- Write for academic study purposes.
- Introduction 00:10:00
- Learning outcomes 00:05:00
- The appliance of science 00:15:00
- The process approach 00:15:00
- Applying the transformation process 00:15:00
- Resources and outputs 00:25:00
- A matter of urgency 00:20:00
- Bounded and unbounded tasks 00:30:00
- Managing the time available 00:20:00
- Types and styles of writing 00:15:00
- Writing essays and reports 00:15:00
- Getting your writing started 00:10:00
- Conclusion 00:10:00
About the instructor