All organisations must find new ways that benefit both their stakeholders and society.
This means constantly improving their processes, goods and services. In the 21st century, new ideals of collaboration, inclusion, and equality are challenging more narrow market-based notions. This free course, Understanding organisational value, will explore how organisations can draw on established theories of value creation for fostering and promoting new types of value.
Course learning outcomes
After studying this course, you should be able to:
- Understand the main theories associated with creating organisational value
- Explain the different ways to create value within and across business functions including operations management, financial accounting, and business intelligence
- Identify new types of value that are ‘human-centred’ and challenge traditional economic value assumptions.
- Introduction 00:05:00
- Learning outcomes 00:05:00
- Understanding organisational value 00:25:00
- Organisational value vs. values 00:20:00
- Different value creation perspectives 00:30:00
- Organisational value and business functions 00:05:00
- The value of business functions 00:10:00
- The functional value of information 00:40:00
- Creating new types of organisational value 00:10:00
- The need for new types of value 00:10:00
- Creating new types of organisational value 00:20:00
- Creating new types of value across business functions 00:20:00
- Conclusion 00:10:00
About the instructor